09 May 2013

Combining Elements and Principles of Design

A screenshot from my latest Wideo.

I made another Wideo:


There are other tools that can do some if not all of the same things Wideo can do, but I keep going back to Wideo for these reasons:

  • It's simple. I have Anime Studio and I've used AfterEffects and Motion, which can all do pretty amazing things, but usually I just want simple keyframe animation without all the fancy advanced stuff.
  • It's not too simple. There's still a lot of cool stuff you can do with Wideo if you're clever. I haven't even begun to use my own PNG's.
  • It's easier than PowerPoint or Keynote. I was showing this tool to a student, and she responded, "Can't you just do that in PowerPoint?" It's true, I could have created the same things in PowerPoint, it's a pretty big pain to get this kind of timing control.
  • It's online. I can work on it on whatever computer I happen to be using. This is good for me because I have two computers at school and two at home, three Mac, one PC. Not only that, but when I do decide to roll out a keyframe animation project to students, they can do the same.
  • Embedding. This is especially useful for putting video on Edmodo (Facebook for education).
Of course, I still have a few issues with the software:
  • No precise editing or snapping. I mentioned this before, and I'll mention it again. I want to have a more precise timeline, and I want videos to snap either to my playhead or to the endpoints of another clip.
  • Works better on PC. Copying and pasting, for example, doesn't work on a Mac at all.
  • No YouTube sharing.
There you have it. I look forward to future updates by Wideo.

3 comments:

  1. Except for some reason this time your Wideo isn't showing up...? I want to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It appears Wideo is down. Hopefully it's back up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing
    Village Talkies a top-quality professional corporate video production company in Bangalore and also best explainer video company in Bangalore & animation video makers in Bangalore, Chennai, India & Maryland, Baltimore, USA provides Corporate & Brand films, Promotional, Marketing videos & Training videos, Product demo videos, Employee videos, Product video explainers, eLearning videos, 2d Animation, 3d Animation, Motion Graphics, Whiteboard Explainer videos Client Testimonial Videos, Video Presentation and more for all start-ups, industries, and corporate companies. From scripting to corporate video production services, explainer & 3d, 2d animation video production , our solutions are customized to your budget, timeline, and to meet the company goals and objectives.
    As a best video production company in Bangalore, we produce quality and creative videos to our clients.

    ReplyDelete