16 December 2012

Another Reason to Blend

I've seen a few harsh criticisms of the flipped model. It's not surprising. It's becoming more and more popular all the time. Critics come out of the woodwork to criticize the popular. I actually agree with a lot of the criticism. But I don't flip; I blend.

I've previously posted about my still-in-beta blended classroom hereherehere, and here. But as most of my classes aren't very blended yet, there's one issue that continues to arise that would be fixed through blended learning:

"What do we do when we're done?" The audacity! They can't be done! This was supposed to be a project they put their hearts and souls into, not one they spend five minutes on and then assume it's good enough to get them an A.

Or they're just that fast. Or a combination of both. Either way, if you've got lessons and projects set up beforehand, they can go straight to that list and pick something to do. Voila, blended learning.


No comments:

Post a Comment